Development & Communications Manager
Arizona Baptist Children’s Services & Family Ministries (ABCS) is a faith-based, nonprofit organization with seven ministries and one mission: to provide hope and care to hurting children and families through Christ-centered ministries. We serve the full spectrum of Arizona families, from unborn babies to seniors.
As a valued member of the development and communications team, the manager will lead the team as well as work with ministry leaders from all seven ABCS ministries, helping to support them in their efforts to serve hurting children and families. Understanding the ABCS mission, Core Values and the why behind our ministry is critical to this role. This is a multi-faceted leadership position with opportunity for growth. The Development & Communications Manager is both an administrator and project manager, supervising daily operations and managing the development and communications calendar while also executing their own projects or collaborating on team projects.
Candidates for this position must possess strong leadership and project management skills; keyboard skills; computer literacy, including the ability to use Microsoft 360, computer software, word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, Adobe products and the Internet; ability to learn and utilize web-based programs; data analyzing; narrative writing skills; effective written and oral communication skills; ability to operate office equipment such as printers, copiers and postage meters; ability to solve problems by thinking critically and creatively; interpersonal skills to build relationships with co-workers, support staff and ministry partners; excellent planning and organization skills; and teamwork skills that will allow for working toward common goals. Requires availability for occasional evening and weekend work. Manage large number of simultaneous projects in fast-paced environment.
- Must be a Christian and in agreement with the Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Core Values and Guiding Principles of Arizona Baptist Children’s Services & Family Ministries.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university. Qualified candidates must also have a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in the field, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- A background in non-profit development, database management or multi-channel marketing and communications (mail, email, web, video, social media) is preferred, as well as experience leading others.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is helpful, but not necessary.
- Other characteristics sought include the ability to work independently and as part of a team; and mature, personal moral values.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Level 1 fingerprint clearance, as required by the Arizona Department of Economic Security. Candidates must have a valid Arizona driver’s license, a current negative TB test, clear urine drug test and clear criminal background check
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the development and communications team in managing projects such as mailings, fundraising campaigns, promotional materials and events.
- Execute and maintain multi-channel marketing and communication strategy. Includes direct mail, email, brochures, video, social media and website. Collaborative process with development team.
- Work with ministry leaders to create marketing content. Includes branding, messaging, written content and design. Create materials using InDesign or other software based on experience.
- Manage team members and day-to-day operations, as well as other staff as assigned.
- Assist with agency-wide fundraising initiatives, including capital campaigns, grant proposals and creating a culture of engagement and Biblical stewardship.
- Build relationships with individual donors, churches and civic groups.
- Manage and maintain QuickBase donor database and generate reports.
- Studies methods of improving work measurements, performance standards or processes.
- Analyze data from website, social media, donor database and email.
- Supports and implements agency’s CORE Values.
- Participates in agency meetings and events as requested.
- Carries out any other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor to perform the job.
Full-time employees with Arizona Baptist Children's Service's receive a health benefits package that contributes up to $8,500 of their total annual benefits package. All full-time associates are offered full health coverage, supplemental medical, short term disability and $35,000 of life insurance at no cost to them.
Full-time associates receive seven paid holidays, ten days of paid time-off, nine days of sick leave and five personal choice days per year. Associates are also provided the option of taking mission action, this is a unique benefit to employees of ABCS that allows them to take paid time-off to participate in mission trips, vacation bible school or other similar activities without losing any of their accrued time-off.
Job Status: Full Time