Foster Care Licensing Specialist
Arizona Baptist Children’s Services & Family Ministries (ABCS) is a faith-based nonprofit that includes seven ministries with one mission: to provide hope and care to hurting children and families through Christ-centered ministries. Together, we serve the full spectrum of Arizona families, from unborn babies to seniors. To learn more about how God uses us at ABCS to impact the community please visit our website at abcs.org. You can join our mission by serving as a full-time foster care licensing specialist in Yuma, AZ.
What makes ABCS such a great place to work?
- You can be part of an organization that models biblical core values in many different facets by honoring God in all we do, building relationships through trust and respect, being a good steward with what we have been given, and doing everything with excellence.
- ABCS has a framework of servant leadership where staff from all positions are intentional about building relationships and lifting each other up in prayer. ABCS offers a healthy balance between work and your personal life.
- The ability to make an impact on the community by providing hope and care to hurting children and families.
- In addition to new hire training, ongoing and continuing education training will be provided for you throughout the year.
As a Foster Care Licensing Specialist with ABCS:
- You can support foster parents in their calling to provide safe, loving homes for children in the care of the state of Arizona.
- You can encourage foster parents as they demonstrate the love of Jesus to the children and families they support.
- You will collaborate on the development and execution of the recruitment plan for foster homes and present information to churches, community organizations, and other agencies.
- As a foster care licensing specialist, you will be responsible for screening, training, licensing, monitoring and annually renewing licenses of foster homes in accordance with state contracts.
- You have a minimum of a high school diploma. We prioritize calling and fit for the ministry; however, a degree, training, or experience in a behavioral science field is preferred.
- You can connect and build relationships with co-workers, support staff, families, children, and DCS.
- You can effectively and consistently communicate via technology and in person.
- You can write clear and objective reports to provide documentation to the courts.
- Bilingual individuals encouraged to apply.
- You are a Christian and in agreement with the ABCS Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Core Values and Guiding Principles.
- At least 21 years old.
- Able to lift and transfer up to 40 pounds independently.
- Eligible to obtain a level 1 fingerprint clearance card and have a clear criminal history per ABCS contracts with the State of Arizona. ABCS will pay the cost of fingerprinting for individuals who are selected.
- Eligible to CPR/ first aid training, ABCS will cover the cost of training.
- Able to pass a TB and urine drug test.
ABCS offers full-time and part-time benefits and competitive pay.
- Pay will be determined based on experience and areas of expertise. You will receive $0.44 reimbursement for all work miles driven and a monthly cell phone stipend.
- Full-time employees with Arizona Baptist Children's Service's receive a health benefits package that contributes up to $8,500 of their total annual benefits package, including full medical, supplemental medical, short-term disability and $35,000 of life insurance at no cost.
- All employees receive seven paid holidays per year and earn paid sick leave. Full time employees will also earn ten days of paid time-off and five personal choice days per year.
- Mission Action time (allowing staff to take paid time-off to participate in mission trips, vacation bible school or other similar activities without losing any of their accrued time-off).
- Access to Employees Assistance Program through New Life Counseling.
Please submit your resume below!
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time