Arizona Baptist Children’s Services & Family Ministries (ABCS) is a faith-based nonprofit that includes seven ministries with one mission: to provide hope and care to hurting children and families through Christ-centered ministries. We serve the full spectrum of Arizona families, from unborn babies to seniors. You can join the mission of this Christian social service agency by serving as a parent aide in Prescott, AZ.
As a parent aide you will focus on efforts to reunite parents with their children who have been removed by the Arizona Department of Child Safety. You will have opportunities to aide parents in gaining the skills they need to maintain a safe home for their child.
We work to develop relationships with parents and encourage them while they are in a difficult period in their lives. Parent aides have the opportunity to build relationships with children while transporting them to and from visits with their parents. As Christians, we have the message of hope that is in Jesus Christ and show His compassion and concern to the families we work with.
This is a great position for a caring individual hoping to learn and grow in the social service and behavioral science fields. Our agency provides ongoing training. Parent aides receive initial new hire training and continuing education throughout the year. Parent aides are self-starters and operate in the field with a high level of autonomy while maintaining effective and consistent communication with their supervisor and the parent aide team. We provide opportunities with supervisors, mentors and teams to discuss incidents and cases. This gives parent aides the opportunity to grow and expand their knowledge, critical thinking skills and discernment in a ministry setting. ABCS will cover the cost of fingerprinting and CPR/first aid training.
Parent aides work with families during a difficult and busy time in their life. Clients working to reunify with their children must attend a variety of services and in most cases maintain employment. The parent aide will work to schedule visits in accordance with the needs of the family to help ensure parents and children are able to meet all case requirements. To achieve this the parent aide must be flexible and willing to maintain a non-traditional work schedule, including evening and weekend work.
- You have a degree, training or experience in a behavioral science field
- You can effectively and consistently communicate via technology and in person
- You are able to write clear and objective reports in order to provide documentation to the courts
- Bilingual individuals encouraged to apply
- You are a Christian and in agreement with the ABCS Statement of Faith
- At least 21 years old
- Have a valid AZ driver’s license and a clean driving record with no suspension or revocations within the past five years
- Have a reliable personal vehicle and are able to carry $100,000/ $300,000 liability insurance
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds independently
- Eligible to obtain a level 1 fingerprint clearance card
- Pass a TB and urine drug test and have clear criminal background check
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Part Time