PT Facilities Maintenance
Arizona Baptist Children’s Services & Family Ministries (ABCS) is a faith-based nonprofit that includes seven ministries with one mission: to provide hope and care to hurting children and families through Christ-centered ministries. Together we serve the full spectrum of Arizona families from unborn babies to seniors. To learn more about how God uses us at ABCS to impact the community, please visit our website at abcs.org. You can join our mission by serving as a part-time Facilities Specialist in Phoenix, Arizona.
What makes ABCS such a great place to work?
- You can be part of an organization that models biblical core values in many different facets by honoring God in all we do, building relationships through trust and respect, being a good steward with what we have been given, and doing everything with excellence.
- ABCS has a framework of servant leadership where staff from all positions are intentional about building relationships and lifting each other up in prayer. ABCS offers a healthy balance between work and your personal life.
- You will have the ability to make an impact on the community by providing hope and care to hurting children and families.
- In addition to new hire training, ongoing and continuing education training will be provided throughout the year.
Arizona Baptist Children’s Services & Family Ministries (ABCS) is looking for an individual who is called to join our team as a Facilities Specialist, supporting our mission to provide hope and care to hurting children and families through Christ-centered ministries, in our Phoenix office. This person will serve as a key team member and will have a wide variety of responsibilities to ensure that three large properties in the Phoenix area are maintained with excellence in order to meet the needs of the mission, the individuals we serve and employees they serve alongside.
Characteristics sought include the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to solve problems by thinking critically and creatively, strong interpersonal skills, flexibility working with the different ABCS ministries, ability to effectively maintain facilities to ensure safety, appearance, and overall purpose toward the mission of ABCS.
Essential Role Functions/Requirements
- Must be a Christian and in agreement with the Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Core Values and Guiding Principles of Arizona Baptist Children’s Services.
- Reviewing current practices and looking at the big picture of what is needed to maintain the facilities to best care for the individuals we serve and achieve the mission of ABCS.
- The understanding that the properties we have been given are a gift from God and approach work with excellence and a heart to be a good steward of what God has given to us.
- Perform a variety of duties in order to maintain ABCS facilities. Primary duties fall into three categories: cleaning, landscaping, and facilities maintenance.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments in order to maintain facilities equipment.
- This is a physical position. Must be able to independently lift and transfer 60 lbs., have ability to sit, stand, walk, or climb for long periods of time and in a variety of environments.
- Must be able to safely and effectively use appropriate equipment to complete maintenance duties including but not limited to ladders, power tools, landscaping equipment, hand tools, and any other equipment required to complete necessary tasks.
- Position requires ability to work both inside and outside all ABCS facilities during all times of the year.
- Must be available to drive and travel to ABCS locations and partners statewide and available for early morning, evening and weekends when needed.
- Carries out any other duties and responsibilities, as required by supervisor, to perform the job.
ABCS offers part-time employees competitive pay and the opportunity to participate in voluntary benefits.
- Pay rate will be determined based on skills and experience.
- Part-time employees with Arizona Baptist Children's Services may choose from any or all of the following voluntary benefits after two months of employment: vision insurance, telehealth insurance, accident advance insurance, and/or cancer select insurance.
- All employees receive seven paid holidays per year and earn paid sick leave.
Please submit your resume below!
Job Status: Part Time