Foster Care Licensing Specialist
Arizona Baptist Children’s Services & Family Ministries (ABCS) is a faith-based, nonprofit organization with seven ministries and one mission: to provide hope and care to hurting children and families through Christ-centered ministries. We serve the full spectrum of Arizona families, from unborn babies to seniors.
We are currently seeking a Foster Care Licensing Specialist to be based Phoenix, Arizona. This position will serve as a key team member in this growing department of a Christian social services agency helping families in crisis. The licensing specialist will work with families and DCS in strengthening and re-unifying families. We are searching for exceptional like-minded individuals to join our team!
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Foster Care Director
We are looking for qualified and caring individuals to work in this full-time position.Individuals bilingual in English and Spanish are encouraged to apply.
- Must be a Christian, and in agreement with the Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Core Values and Guiding Principles of Arizona Baptist Children’s Services & Family Ministries.
- Characteristics sought include ability to relate to youth and adults, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Continued employment dependent upon satisfactory supervisory evaluations, completion of annual requirements, maintenance of essential job functions and a satisfactory driving record.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborates on the development and execution of the recruitment plan for foster homes.
- Develops and maintains relationships with state and community agencies, including the Office of Licensing and Department of Child Safety.
- Presents information about foster care and the ministry to churches, community organizations, and other agencies.
- Arranges, coordinates, and provides training at approved orientation meetings, initial foster parent training (PSMAPP) and ongoing training for foster parents.
- Provides regular updates to the Foster Care Director.
- Recruit, screen, train, license, monitor through ongoing supervision, and annually renew license of foster care homes according to contract and state requirements.
- Provides intake services to families interested in providing foster care including monitoring potential foster parents’ orientation and pre-service progress.
- Assist with placements and ensuring that all unfilled beds are regularly monitored.
- Observes all state and agency requirements regarding mandated reporting of abuse or neglect, and reporting of unusual incidents.
- Provides services to families in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Responds to phone calls, text messages and e-mails in a timely manner.
- Must be able to lift and transfer 40 lbs.
- Must be able to drive and travel to attend meetings and home visits.
- Must be available for evening and weekend work.
- Carries out any other duties and responsibilities, as required by supervisor, to perform the job.
Skills / Requirements
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Family Studies or equivalent.
- Preference will be given to persons with experience in licensing foster homes and foster home supervision.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license and dependable vehicle.
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a level 1 fingerprint clearance as required by the State of Arizona and have a clear criminal background check, urine drug test and TB test.
- Requires computer literacy, including the ability to use computer software, word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, and the Internet.
- Must have effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Have the ability to solve problems by thinking critically and creatively.
- Interpersonal abilities to build relationships with co-workers, support staff, and clients.
- Good planning and organization habits.
- Teamwork skills that will allow for working toward common goals.
Please submit your resume below!
Job Status: Full Time