PT/FT Parent Aide - Supervised Visitation
Arizona Baptist Children’s Services & Family Ministries (ABCS) strives to staff every position with qualified candidates who share our Statement of Faith and commit to our Core Values. Together we serve the full spectrum of Arizona families from unborn babies to seniors. At ABCS we know that the condition of our hearts is vital to our contribution to the mission. Calling and character will be prioritized to achieve the mission of providing hope & care to hurting children and families through Christ-centered ministries. Are you called?
What makes ABCS such a great place to work?
- You can be part of an organization that models biblical core values in many different facets by honoring God in all we do, building relationships through trust and respect, being a good steward with what we have been given, and doing everything with excellence.
- ABCS has a framework of servant leadership where staff from all positions are intentional about building relationships and lifting each other up in prayer.
- You will have the ability to make an impact on the community by providing hope and care to hurting children and families.
- In addition to new hire training, ongoing training will be provided for you throughout the year. Leadership prioritizes spiritual development as well as personal and professional development.
- As a full-time employee you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including full health coverage, paid time off, sick leave, personal days and paid holidays.
- Leadership at ABCS believes that the missionary work that you do outside of your role at ABCS is an extension of the mission of ABCS. You will be eligible for mission action leave which allows employees to participate in mission activities, including VBS, and receive pay with no impact to your time off benefit.
As a Parent Aide with ABCS:
- You will have the opportunity to build relationships with 4-6 families and encourage them while sharing the message of hope that is in Jesus Christ.
- You will enable parents involved with the DCS system to see their child(ren) who have been removed from the home by facilitating a safe environment for positive interactions which leads toward family reunification.
- You will have the opportunity to build relationships with children while transporting them to and from visits with their parents.
- You will have a supportive network available to you (supervisors, mentors and teams) to discuss and process through incidents and cases. As a team, together we can grow and expand our knowledge, critical thinking skills and discernment in a ministry setting.
- You will be supervising visits (typically 2-4 hours) between the child and parent(s) while documenting interactions and behaviors that will be used to help determine the growth of the parents' parenting skills.
- You will have opportunities to support the family both physically (housing supports, food pantry resources, etc.) and spiritually (sharing the gospel and prayer, when the opportunity arises).
- You will assist families in following guidelines for the visit, which ensures a safe and enjoyable environment for the children and parents.
- You have a minimum of a high school diploma. We prioritize calling and an ability to grow.
- You can effectively and consistently communicate via technology and in person.
- You are able to write clear and objective reports in order to provide documentation to the courts.
- Bilingual individuals are encouraged to apply.
- You are a Christian and in agreement with the ABCS Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Core Values and Guiding Principles.
- You are at least 21 years old.
- You are flexible and willing to maintain a non-traditional work schedule to meet the needs of parents and children, so they are able to be successful in meeting case requirements.
- You currently have or are able to obtain a valid AZ driver’s license and a have clean driving record with no suspension or revocations within the past 39 months.
- You have a reliable personal vehicle and are able to carry $100,000/$300,000 liability insurance.
- You are able to lift and transfer up to 40 pounds independently.
- You are eligible to obtain a Level 1 fingerprint clearance card and have a clear criminal history per ABCS contracts with the State of Arizona. ABCS will pay the cost of fingerprinting for individuals who are selected.
- You are eligible to obtain CPR/First Aid training. ABCS will cover the cost of training.
- You are able to pass a TB and urine drug test.
ABCS offers full-time and part-time benefits and competitive pay.
- You will start at $17/hour (which includes transportation, visit supervision, report writing, and case management time) with increases in pay after 6 months and annually. You will also receive $0.44 reimbursement for all work miles driven and a monthly cell phone stipend.
- Full-time employees with Arizona Baptist Children's Services receive a health benefits package that contributes up to $9,000 of their total annual benefits package, including full medical, supplemental medical, short-term disability and $35,000 of life insurance at no cost.
- All employees receive seven paid holidays per year and earn paid sick leave. Full time employees will also earn ten days of paid time off and five personal choice days per year.
- Mission Action time (allowing staff to take paid time off to participate in mission trips, vacation bible school or other similar activities without losing any of their accrued time off).
- Access to our Employees Assistance Program through New Life Counseling.
Please submit your resume below!
Pay: from $17/hour
ABCS offers qualifying employees seven paid holidays per year, paid sick leave, paid time off and up to five personal choice days a year. Full-time employees are offered full health, gap insurance, short-term disability and $35,000 of life insurance at NO COST. Full-time employees are offered up to 3% of their salary in matching contributions to a 403 (b) retirement account after one year of service.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time